Good news for all you health and fitness buffs! Fitbit, the renowned maker of groundbreaking wearable products, has just announced its newest additions to its product lineup, the new fitness wristbands, the Fitbit Charge 2, and Fitbit Flex 2. Both products offer a good combination of looks and features that will surely help and motivate you in achieving your fitness goals.
Fitbit Charge 2
The most popular fitness wristband has just been made even better. Aside from its heart rate tracking feature, it now features a new arsenal of health and fitness tools.
- You can get a snapshot of your cardio fitness levels: The Charge 2 automatically calculates and gives you an idea of how fit you are based on your profile, heart rate, and exercise data. You’ll also get advice on what needs to be adjusted in order for you to reach your targets.
- Relax with guided deep breathing sessions: “Relax” is a new feature that incorporates deep breathing sessions to calm your mind and body. The Charge 2 determines your breathing breathing rate based on your heart rate. There are 2 and 5 minute sessions are available. In a session, you will be guided accordingly with heart-rate visualizations, animations, and vibration cues to help you in aligning with the program.\
- Real time stats on the display: This allows you to immediately make adjustments to your routine and improve over time.
- Multi-sport modes: Allows you to track specific workouts like runs, bike rides, yoga, and more. You’ll also be able to view a detailed summary and report of your activities using the Fitbit app.
- Connected GPS: You can link your fitness wristband with your smartphone to provide real time stats like your pace when running. This feature also allows for recording a map of your route in the app.
- Interval workout mode: Helps you maximize your workouts by guiding you in alternating periods of high-intensity exercise and recovery.
- Smarter, easier all-day tracking: The advanced sensors in the Charge 2 tracks your activities like walking, running and more with ease, plus your sleep. The device also sends out reminders to move, which helps you to stay active throughout the day.
It has smart notifications to help you stay on track, and an all new improved design which incorporates a display that is 4 times larger than the Charge HR. It can also be customized by changing the wristbands and clock faces to suit your style and mood.
Fitbit Flex 2
Being the first ever swim-proof fitness wristband, the Flex 2 showcases an ultra slim design that makes it 30% smaller. It has a removable tracker and transforms with your style as your personalize it with a variety of accessories. It also comes with smarter exercise features, and effortlessly tracks your fitness while providing motivation to help you stay active all day.
- Premium accessory options: You can customize the Flex 2 using a variety of Fitbit-designed bracelets and pendants. The collection ranges from premium mirror-finish bangles to elegant lariat-style necklaces for the best look wherever you are, at the office, or on a night out.
- Swim-proof and automatic swim tracking: The Flex 2 is water resistant up to 50 meters. So even when you are in a pool or in the ocean, it still is able to keep track of your laps, duration, and calories burned through the Fitbit app.
- SmartTrack automatic exercise tracking: Reconizes selected workouts like runs, swims, etc.
- Reminders to Move: The Flex 2 helps you stay active by sending out friendly reminders to reach hourly step goals.
- Smarter: The display uses color-coded lights to show your progress, and keeps you connected with call and text notifications.
- Designer Collections: Designer collection accessories for the Flex 2 from PUBLIC SCHOOL and TORY BURCH will be available. These designs empower you to express your own individual style, while leading an active and healthy life.
Pricing and Availability
The Fitbit Charge 2 will be available in late september, while the Flex 2 will be available in October at retailers including the following:
- Digital Walker
- Beyond the Box
- Select Toby’s Stores
- Gadgets in Style
- The Inbox Store
- Rnnr Stores
|Item||SRP (Retailer prices may vary)||Color Options|
|Fitbit Charge 2||PhP7,699||Classic Fitness Band in Black, Blue, Plum, or Teal|
|PhP8,699||Gunmetal or Rose Gold (Coming soon)|
|Fitbit Flex 2||PhP4,899||Classic Fitness Band in Black, Lavender, Magenta, or Navy|
Accessories for Charge 2
|Classic fitness accessory||PhP1,399||four colors|
|Luxe premium leather accessory bands||PhP3,299||Blush Pink, Brown, and Indigo|
Accessories for Flex 2
|Classic 3-pack fitness accessory band (Coming soon)||PhP1,399||band hues in Pink (blush pink, lavender and magenta) and Sport (gray, navy and yellow)|
|Bangle Accessory||PhP4,699||Gold, Rose Gold|
|PhP4,299||Silver Stainless Steel|
|Pendant Accessory||PhP4,699||Gold, Rose Gold|
|PhP3,799||Silver Stainless Steel|
Fitbit has also announced stylish collections for its other products: The Fitbit Alta, Blaze, as well as Adventures. There’s also an immersive challenge feature in the Fitbit App. For more details, you may visit www.fitbit.com/press. For more information on Fitbit products and services, you may visit their official website at www.fitbit.com.