Our friends from DTC Mobile Distributions are kind enough to give us a GT3 Astroid or GT9326 to show you guys. It’s an Android phone packed with lots of goodness and surprises.
In as much as I want to suspend the surprises, I simply can’t. What are the surprises then?
C’mon, it’s an Android Phone!
The DTC brand may be new but what the GT3 Astroid can offer is an end-user mobile experience similar to what you can experience in other Android phones available in the market. Power it on, sign in with your Google account and download everything you can from the Play Store. I’m pretty sure that you will enjoy all the thousands optimized applications for the GT3 Astroid.
It’s worth saying that games like Angry Birds Rio, Devil Ninja 2 and Fruit Ninja are pre-installed in the system. We recommend that you purchase Smart Keyboard PRO or Swift Key 3 to enhance your typing experience.
5 Megapixels Rear Facing Camera and VGA Front Facing Camera?!
Don’t get too suprised but the GT3 Astroid does indeed have 5 megapixels rear facing camera and a VGA front facing camera. The former is perfect for budding instagramers and “photographers” and the latter is just right for
video-calling via Skype or Google Hangout (thanks to @panzerpuff of theTechnoclast for this correction) duck-face self shots.
Here is a sample photo I took using the Astroid.
In my opinion, the dual-sim feature of the Astroid sets it apart from other available Android phones. The software and UI easily guided me to set my priority SIM and rename my SIMs to help me identify the SIM that received a specific message or call.
It’s my first time to experience an Android Phone with dual-sim features; and with the GT3 Astroid, I appreciated the feature more.
Data-connection wise, the lack of 3G may be disappointing for some but I didn’t mind because I’m on my WiFi network most of the time.
The More Features, the Better
Get blown away by the features of the GT3 Astroid:
- Motion-Sensitive Design: Feel the Motion Sensor and be amazed at the Capacitive Touch Screen.
- Android Gaming: Level up your gaming experience with Android Apps.
- WiFi: Be connected on the go via GT3 Astroid’s email support.
- GPS Navigation: Find your way through main thoroughfares and alleys with the GPS Navigation feature.
- Audio: Lull yourself or chase the frenzy of upbeat music while enjoying the crisp sound of stored tracks or new FM beats.
- Imaging: Spark off the flash and go trigger happy with the 5.0 megapixel camera.
- Video: Go eyes-wide-open watching videos on a 3.5-inch screen.
- Messaging: Make someone’s day through standard SMS or a dynamic MMS.
- File Sharing: Transfer files easily via Bluetooth or the Internet.
- Storage: Store more, see more as the memory slot can accommodate a 32GB card
Surprised with all these features? The feeling was mutual.
The most surprising thing about the GT3 Astroid is about to be unveiled — PRICE
The GT3 Astroid only costs PhP4,999.
With all the features packed in this phone and its premium look (it reminds us of HTC Nexus One sans home/navi button), the GT3 Astroid is priced reasonably at less than PhP5,000.
Without a doubt, the DTC GT3 Astroid is not another HTC-KIRF (keeping it real and fake). Since DTC is setting a different ground and standard that “provide Filipino from all walks of life with reasonable and affordable price without compromising its technological benefit while meeting their satisfaction”, the GT3 Astroid basically molds and helps DTC with their resolve.
The DTC GT3 Astroid is a must-try product. At PhP4,999, it definitely a greatly deal and worth considering.
If you wish to get one, be sure to visit DTC Kiosks nationwide. Click here for list.
And yes, we’re giving away one! Thanks to our friends from DTC! Check out the mechanics below:
1. Valid only for residents in the Philippines.
2. All entries must be done through our RaffleCopter widget below.
3. Winner will be notified via email, Facebook Message and/or Twitter direct message.
4. Winner is requested to make a duck face while pointing the winning gadget and email it to us.
5. Promo/Giveaway qualification period is from July 18 – 30, 2012 only.
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.