Snapdragon 782G SoC details
Like the SD778G+, the Snapdragon 782G is a 6nm chipset with an 8-core Kryo 670 processor and an Adreno 642L. However, the newer chipset offers faster CPU and GPU clock speeds which are said to offer a 5% increase in CPU performance and a 10% bump in GPU performance, compared to its predecessor.
The new chipset consists of the following parts:
- 1x Kyro 670 Prime core (Cortex-A78) running at up to 2.7GHz
- 3x Kyro Gold cores (Cortex-A78 also) running at up to 2.2GHz
- 4x Kyro 670 Silver (Cortex-A55) running at up to 1.9GHz
- Quick Charge 4+
- Fused AI Accelerator
- Qualcomm Spectra ISP with triple 14-bit ISP support
- Can process up to 2 gigapixels per sec, and up to 200MP resolution support
- Snapdragon X53 modem with Sub-6GHz and mmWave support
- FastConnect WiFi 6 up to 2.9 Gbps with 6GHz spectrum
- Bluetooth 5.2
No official statement from Qualcomm has been reported regarding which phone this new chip will debut. So for now we can only wait for upcoming phone launches to see.
Started his freelancing adventure in 2018 and began doing freelance Audio Engineering work and then started freelance writing a few years later.
Currently he writes for Gadget Pilipinas and formerly wrote for Grit.PH.
He is also a musician, foody, gamer, and PC enthusiast.