Garmin has just launched the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar the first dedicated running smartwatch that has solar charging capabilities.
This smartwatch is built for long-distance marathon athletes or for people who are looking for a smartwatch that can last up to 20 days in smartwatch mode. It also features the Power Glass solar charging lens that allows it to last up to 49 hours in GPS mode.
“Athletes who strive to be the best seek the best training tools, and we are pleased to introduce the Forerunner 955 Solar to our lineup of premier GPS running smartwatches in the Philippines.”
Scoppen Lin, Garmin Asia Assistant General Manager
These are the following new features of the Forerunner 955 Solar:
- Solar charging – Power Glass solar charging gives athletes up to 49 hours of battery life in GPS mode
- Touchscreen interface – Quickly swipe through maps, stats, and more. The traditional 5-button design can be used separately or in conjunction with the touchscreen.
- Multi-band GPS – Stay on track in the most challenging environments with multi-band, multi-satellite-system tracking.
- Training readiness – Learn each day how ready the body is to benefit from training by taking into account sleep, recovery time, HRV status, and additional metrics.
- Heart Rate Viability (HRV) status – Track heart rate variability while sleeping to get a better handle on recovery and an overall wellness picture.
- Morning report – When paired with a smartphone, receive the day’s weather and daily workout suggestion, as well as information about last night’s sleep and HRV status. 3 The report can even be customized so athletes can view only the details they want to see.
- Race widget – View race prep information – including a race day-specific performance prediction, race day weather, and a countdown clock – all in one widget. Once a race is scheduled, daily suggested workouts will adapt based on an athlete’s race plans.
- Real-time stamina insights – Monitor and track exertion levels in real-time during a run or ride.
- Native running power – When using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ (sold separately), receive real-time metrics of how much power is being exerted on a run, built into the watch – no app required.
Moreover, the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar is designed to be worn all day. It is also packed with health and wellness features like menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking and many more. You can also customize the watch faces in the Connect IQ Store.
“With high-end training features and performance metrics, the Forerunner 955 Solar gives you the
tools to chase your goals. No matter where, when, or why you run, the Forerunner 955 Solar will help
you go the extra mile,”
Stella Tan, Garmin Philippines, Marketing Manager
You can now purchase your own Forerunner 955 Solar at Garmin Brand Stores, kinetic PH’s website, Lazada, Shopee, and the Garmin PH Viber Community for PHP 40,865 alongside the non-solar Forerunner 955 for PHP 34,995.