ASUS announced that four WiFi 6 routers and one mesh WiFi system were awarded Level 4 Cybersecurity Labels from the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore.
The four ASUS routers are namely:
- TUF Gaming AX5400
- TUF Gaming AX3000
Meanwhile, the mesh system is the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 which consists of two AX5400 WiFi 6 routers.
In 2021, the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 and ASUS RT-AX88U attained the Cybersecurity Labeling Scheme label.
“ASUS is proud to be the first router brand to attain CLS level 4, the highest one in the world’s leading Cybersecurity Labelling Scheme. With more products being tested and awarded CLS, our ongoing efforts to provide trusted, safe and secure networking solutions for our customers have been fully recognized.”
Tenlong Deng, ASUS Corporate Vice President, General Manager of Networking and Wireless Devices Business Unit
The Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) launched the Cybersecurity Labeling Scheme (CLS) to grade consumer smart devices according to specific levels of cybersecurity capabilities.
This is the first of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region, and products with CLS Level 3 and above are also recognized by the Transport and Communications Agency of Finland (Traficom) to have met their cybersecurity requirements. The different levels are as follows:
- Level 1, the product meets basic security requirements such as ensuring unique default passwords and providing software updates.
- Level 2, the product has also been developed using the principles of Security-by-Design such as conducting threat risk assessment, critical design review, and acceptance tests.
- Level 3, the product has also undergone an assessment of software binaries by approved third-party test labs.
- Level 4, the highest level, the product has also undergone structured penetration tests by approved third-party testing labs.
How ASUS Networking Devices Protect Homes and Businesses
- AiProtection Pro – Powered by Trend Micro and comprehensive network security solutions. This also provides free enterprise-grade network security with privacy protection for the lifetime of the router. This is always up-to-date compared to normal DNS=based filtering features.
- ASUS Safe Browsing – further enhances the internet experience for families, co-workers, and individual users. Through this technology, ASUS routers help filter malicious websites and other unwanted content.
- Instant Guard technology – uses a virtual private network (VPN) technology to create a secure data tunnel over a public WiFi connection.