The leading global wearables brand announced today that its new smartwatch, Fitbit Ionic, will be available at major retailers across Philippines, including Digital Walker and Beyond the Box stores.
Ionic builds on Fitbit’s health and fitness expertise with a new relative pO2 sensor, making it possible to track deeper health insights like sleep apnea in the future, industry-leading GPS tracking, on-device dynamic workouts, improved heart rate tracking, and water resistance up to 50 meters. Plus, smart features like contactless payments, on-board music, smart notifications, and a variety of popular apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Galley. Ionic also has all the core features from Fitbit like up to 5 days of battery life, automatic activity and sleep tracking, and cross-platform compatibility.
“Ten years ago, Fitbit pioneered the wearables category with the introduction of its first health fitness tracker. Since then, we have become the leading global wearables brand, setting the pace of innovation nint the category and establishing the largest social fitness network tha t helps millions of people around the world be healthier,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “With Ionic, we are delivering what consumers have not yet seen in a smartwatch – a health and fitness platform that combines the power of personalization and deepest insights with our most advances technology to date, unlocking opportunities for unprecedented health tracking capabilities in the future.
Everything you need, all in one device
From beginners to experienced athletes, Fitbit’s most advanced device to date offers personal, actionable guidance to motivate you to reach your goals – all while keeping you connected with apps and notifications, no matter what smartphone you have.
- Up to 5 days battery life: With multiple days of battery life on a single charge (10 hours with GPS or playing music), Ionic will outlast any activity you do during the day and still track your sleep all night.
- Personal trainer with Fitbit Coach: Access on-device step-by-step instructions for 7 Min workout, 10 Min Abs and Treasure Chest, as well as dynamic workouts that adapt based on feedback you provide on your wrist (available in 2018).
- Running companion: Automatically track your run with the new Run Detect feature that kicks in GPS tracking – just step out of the door and go see real-time pace and distance auto-pause to grab some water or take a breather and automatically resume when you start running.
- New swim exercise mode: With water resistance up to 50 meters, and industry-leading lap counting, use Ionic in the pool and see your real-time laps, exercises duration and calories burned for pool swims.
- Industry-leading GPS: The unique design and integrated antenna inside Ionic provide a stronger connection to GPS and GLONASS satellites, delivering industry-leading GPS performance. Leave your phone behind and see pace and distance wight on your wrist, as well as record elevation climber split times, and a map of your walk, run or ride in the Fitbit app.
- Improved heart rate technology: Ionic has enhanced PurePulse heart rate tracking with greatest accuracy during exercises like cycling, intervals and running; better measure calorie burn, see real time heart rate zones to optimize intensity, and track resting heart rate 24/7.
- New sensor technology: The introduction of a relative SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels opens the potential for trackig important new indicators about your health, such as sleep apnea.
- Motivation through music: Leave your phone at home and find the motivation to jumpstart your workout by storing and playing more than 300 songs on device (2.5 GB of storage).
- Make payments using Fitbit Pay: In the future, leave your wallet and phone at home and effortlessly pay for items right form your device, wherever contactless payments are accepted.
- Smart notifications you need most: With extended smartphone notifications, receive call, text and calendar alerts, as well as notifications form apps on your smartphone like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Slack, Snapchat, and more.
In addition to these new features, Ionic has everything you love about Fitbit – automatically track your steps, calories, floors climbed and sleep stages, see your cardio fitness level (estimated VO2 Max), maintain moments of calm and more.
Fitbit’s first wireless headphones, Fitbit Flyer, feature a durable, sweat-proof design and customizable fit with an advance sound performance for whether it’s listening to music seamlessly from Ionic, Audio Coaching from the Fitbit Coach smartphone app, or staying in touch on the go.
Making Ionic our own
Ionic run os Fitbit OS, the company’s new operating system for smartwatches that will be regularly updated to ad new user experiences. This includes the launch of the Fitbit App Gallery, where you can select the apps and lock faces that appeal to you so you’re always armed with the information you want most, in a way that reflects your own personal needs and style.
The App Gallery offers a range of health and fitness apps from Fitbit like Exercise, Fitbit Coach, Relax, Timer and more, as well as popular apps like Strava, the leading social network for millions of athletes at all levels, and Weather, powered by global leader AccuWeather, that are designed to make life easier and more convenient when you’re on the go. Each app is designed specifically for Ionic so you don’t have to download an accompanying mobile app or have your smartphone nearby. the App Gallery will continue to expand with the more popular apps, plus many more apps and clock faces created by our developer community.
Fitbit’s strongest and lightest GPS watch
As Fitbit’s first device designed fully in-house, Ionic features new processes and materials that improve weight, fit, durability, breathability and daily wear – resulting in an extremely lightweight, ergonomic design comfortable enough to wear all day and night.
- Our most advanced design: Utilizing nano-molding technology, the unibody watchcase allows it to double as the Bluetooth and GPS antenna. This construction creates a stronger GPS signal that works in busy cities or on remote trails.
- Built to last: Ionic is built to be more durable with new materials, new bands and more extensive testing than ever done.
- Easy to read display: a color, spherical glass touchscreen with crisp graphics and amplified brightness of up to 1,000 nits lets you reach your stats wherever you are – in bright sunlight or a low-lit room.
Fitbit unveiled its Fitbit Aria 2 Wi-Fi Smart Scale, re-engineering for best-in-class accuracy and easy setup via your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection, helping you track and understand your body composition including weight, body fat percentage, lean mass and BM. By syncing your data from Aria 2 with Fitbit app, you can see all of your stats in one place making it easier to track your progress and get results. Aria 2 offers:
- Industry -leading accuracy: More accurately measure your weight, track your body composition, and view your results in the Fitbit app to see your trends and if you’re gaining muscle, burning fat and achieving long-term results.
- Quick and seamless setup: Use your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection for a quick and easy setup and compatibility across more Wi-Fi networks; stats sync automatically to your Fitbit dashboard.
- Improved and modern design: With a striking profile and bright display to view your stats, the updated interface now includes personalized icons and greetings for added motivation.
- Supports multiple users: Aria 2 will recognize eight different users so you don’t have to worry about family members or roommates seeing your stats – all of your data stays private.
Pricing and availability
Fitbit Ionic is now available across major retail partners like Digital Walker, Beyond the Box, iBook, Timeline, The Inboxstore, iLiberty, Globe Telecom, Proton, Mobile 1, Banana Telecom, iCenter Cebu, Ambassador, Abenson, Lazada, Zalora and Shoplite stores in Philippines. Fitbit Ionic is available in three stylish color combinations inspired by elevating everyday neutrals that fit seamlessly into your life: silver, gray tracker and clasp with blue gray band, smoke gray tracker and clasp with charcoal band, or burnt orange tracker and clasp with slate blue band. The products are priced at:
Fitbit Ionic – PHP 15,690
Fitbit Flyer and Aria 2 will be availabler in the Philippines soon for PHP 6,790 and PHP 7,690 respectively.
For more information on Fitbit products, visit their website here.