In a special event held at Game Over PH in Quezon City, Huawei Philippines launched two new members for its tablet lineup, the high-end MediaPad M3 and the entry level MediaPad T2 7.0.
Aimed at the high-end segment of the market, the Huawei MediaPad M3 sports a space-grade aluminium body which exudes a premium feel, along with curved, diamond-cut edges which makes it very comfortable to hold.
The M3 is powered by a Kirin 950 CPU with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM for multi-tasking. Add to that, an 8.4-inch ultra-intelligent 2K display which offers the highest resolution for a compact tablet. With a pixel density of 359ppi, it should make any type of content appear vibrant and crystal clear.
For imaging, the M3 is equipped with 8MP front and rear cameras. The rear camera in particular features a wide-angle f/2.0 lens with improved noise reduction to capture good quality photos.
For an immersive listening experience, the M3 features audio technology co-developed with Harman-Kardon. The dual stereo speakers’ automatically adapt to the device’s orientation, giving you a seamless listening experience.
The AK4376 dedicated audio chip ensures supports 192KHz and 24-bit digital-to-analog audio conversion technology, which makes it ideal for higher-specced headphones.
If longevity is your priority, the M3 is a great choice with its 5,100mAh battery which can yield up to 11 hours of Full HD video playback, up to 6 hours of 3D gaming, and up to 45 hours of music playback.
Huawei Mediapad M3 Specs:
- 2.3GHz HiSilicon Kirin 950 Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB of RAM, up to 64GB of internal storage expandable via MicroSD Card (Up to 128GB)
- 8.4-inch WQXGA IPS Display (2560 x 1600 pixels)
- 8MP Autofocus Rear Camera
- 8MP Fixed Focus Front Camera
- 5,100mAh battery
- EMUI 4.1 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual Speakers
- Nano SIM Card Slot
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass, Hall Effect, Fingerprint
- Colors: Gold, Silver
MediaPad T2 7.0
The Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 is the company’s offering for the budget segment. And while it may not be as powerful as the M3, it still boasts decent specs for the casual user.
The T2 has a 7-inch IPS LCD display, and is powered by a Spreadtrum SC9830I Quad-Core processor clocked at 1.5GHz along with 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage expandable with a MicroSD card, and a potent 4,100mAh battery.
The device also sports 2MP front and rear cameras, and runs on Huawei’s EMUI 4.0 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Specs
- 1.5GHz Spreadtrum SC9830I Quad-Core Processor
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage expandable via MicroSD Card
- 7-inch IPS Display (600 x 1024 pixels)
- 2MP Fixed Focus Front and Rear Cameras
- 4,100mAh battery
- EMUI 4.0 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Color: Champagne Gold
The Huawei MediaPad M3 and T2 7.0 will be sold for PhP18,990 and PhP7,490 respectively at Huawei Experience Stores nationwide.