There is undoubtedly a plethora of music streaming apps and services available. But there is one streaming app that really caught my attention – Guvera Music.
Founded in 2008, Guvera offers free and unlimited access to music by both local and international artists. It just made its way to the Philippines last August, and started making waves in social media. Just like any other streaming apps on iOS and/or Android, you can easily manage and share your own playlist. Its free version is ad supported and streaming is limited to shuffled playlist, but you can opt to subscribe for only PhP149/month, which does not have ads and on-demand streaming.
Now, what makes me think Guvera is interesing? Here are 5 things why:
- If you’re getting a Lenovo mobile device, be it smartphone or tablet, Guvera is pre-installed right away! All you have to do is register using your social media account and voila – you can stream music right away provided you have an internet connection.
- There are ready playlists created and being curated by Guvera Philippines. It has all the trending tracks in the country and to date New Releases playlist already has around 937 followers. You can shuffle-stream the playlist all you want without any restrictions. It wouldn’t hurt paying PhP149/month if you want to select the track you want.
- #PLAY is the right place in searching for music based on hashtags. Whether using Guvera on desktop or mobile, you can create your own non-stop music station in seconds by simply dragging (on desktop) or swiping down (on mobile) #tags. You can even click/tap tags to start playing music.
- Create your playlist in a snap. Process is very straight-forward and easy especially if you’re used to streaming music on the internet. Do check out the playlist I created here: https://www.guvera.com/playlists/1165693. You may also want to follow it too.
- It is completely free! While having subscribed to service is much preferred, you’re better off with the ad-supported version. All you have to do is to create a playlist of all your favorite songs, and shuffle it.
So there you have it guys – five things that make Guvera interesting. Do try it out today and tell us what you think.
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.