Games that are connected to blockchains like the Solana blockchain are now very popular amongst Filipino gamers.
One of the main reasons why is because of the rise of the play-to-earn model enabled by non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on popular blockchains like Ethereum. Players can collect NFTs that they can then exchange for cryptocurrency and convert them to fiat currency.
Now, the Solana blockchain is offering Filipino gamers a wide variety of titles from classic first-person shooters to open-world adventures in deep space.
Here are the Solana Blockchain Games you may want to explore:
- STEPN – This Web 3.0 lifestyle app rewards players to move and become fit. How it works is that players will first have to download the STEPN app and buy an NFT sneaker, which the game uses to track a player’s daily movement. By walking, running, or jogging, the players receive a reward token called Green Satoshi Token, or “GST”
- Aurory – One of the biggest titles on the Solana blockchain, this role-playing game takes players on a rollercoaster of action and fantasy while still enabling them to earn. In Aurory, players must capture cute animated creatures called Nefties. Nefties are stored as NFTs in a player’s wallet and battle against other Nefties. The game has two modes: Player Vs Environment where players capture Nefties for rewards and Player vs Player weekly and monthly battles that rank players on a leaderboard and give rewards according to rank.
- Starbots – The first-ever playable robot battle NFT game on the Solana blockchain, Starbots revolves around battling cartoon robots and earning new parts for your robot. Players will use each of these robot parts (such as a weapon, gadget, body, or wheel) to upgrade their avatar. Starbots promises to challenge a player’s strategic acumen, making battles progressively harder to win as players move on up in the game.
- Genopets – Genopets centers around creatures also called genopets and sets itself up as another move-to-earn game. How it works is that the game tracks the user’s movement and this is linked to your genopet, a spirit animal that evolves and increases in value the more active you are. How much you move controls your pet’s appearance, talents, and moves.
- EV.io – Ev.io takes the concept of a regular first-person shooter game and incorporates the blockchain. The free-to-play, browser-based game is easily accessible: one only needs to go to the game’s official site to begin playing. The gameplay is also quite simple. Players explore a virtual world and begin shooting at opponents, sometimes teaming up with others and playing in a tournament format. To begin earning, players must first purchase an Ev.io NFT with a Solana wallet. Owning this NFT enables the game to track a player’s progress and discern who deserves a reward.
- Star Atlas – This space-based roleplaying game offers players the chance to explore a vast galaxy, mine resources, and conquer lands all in exchange for fabulous rewards. Set in the year 2620, Star Atlas takes place in a world where three factions struggle for power: androids called Usturs, the ONI alien race, and humans called the MUD. Players must first pick which faction they want to play for, as they’ll later help this faction build cities, win wars, and explore unknown lands.
- Decimated – If the words “open-world post-apocalyptic survival game” sounds appealing to you, Decimated has exactly what you’re looking for. Players have the option to play as either a human survivor or a cyborg cop. The objective is to outwit and even battle a host of characters threatening your survival, ranging anywhere from cannibals to mutated creatures. More than just battling, a player’s success will depend on how well they fortify shelters, collect bounties, ambush, loot, or trade. As players collect resources and beat enemies, players can earn the game’s DIO token and NFTs to trade.
- DeFi Land – Agriculture-based DeFi Land is a cute, easy-on-the-eyes title where players complete minigames to earn rewards. Minigames center around activities like farming, fishing, tending to livestock, etc. Players can craft different tools and items, trade, and also play against one another in these minigames. Like most games, DeFi Land has its native currency called DFL and a utility token called GOLD. DFL can be used to craft tools (for the minigames), trade, and even mint NFTs. GOLD, on the other hand, can also be used to trade goods and pay for player vs. player battles.
The Future of Solana Games
Many games are now available under the Solana blockchain which shows that this blockchain is really becoming one of the biggest out there. Often compared to the Etherium blockchain slowly but surely Solana with soon be identified as its own entity.
In addition, SOL is now more accessible than ever. PDAX, which is a local cryptocurrency exchange, launched SOL as one of the four new tokens available on its platform and is easily tradable for the Philippines peso and other major cryptocurrencies.
You can download the PDAX app on the Apple App Store, Huawei Store, and Google Play store. After downloading it you can just create an account and cash in to start purchasing, selling, and trading SOL and other cryptos.