Xiaomi has just unveiled its first Windows-powered 2-in-1 device the Xiaomi Book S 12.4-inch tablet.
This tablet is equipped with a Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 SoC which is a 7nm chipset in line with the Snapdragon 865 family of chips. It runs on Windows 11 that includes x86-64 emulation out of the box so it can run PC apps that are not really native to ARM.
Other features of the Xiaomi Book S include:
- 12.4-inch LCD display
- 2,560 x 1,600px resolution
- 16:10 60Hz
- 100% DCI-P3 coverage
- 500 nits brightness on full blast
- aluminum-magnesium body
- 8.95mm thickness
- 720g weight
- Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection
- WiFi 5 (ac)
- Bluetooth 5.1
- 2x mics with Qualcomm’s Aqstic echo/noise cancellation technology
- Stereo speakers on both sides
- 13.4 hours battery with regular usage
- 65W GaN charger (sold separately)
- Full-size detachable keyboard with 1.3mm key travel
The Xiaomi Book S 12.4-inch has a regular price of EUR 700 with pre-orders starting on June 30. In addition, during the first 48 hours, you can purchase the tablet at a discounted price of EUR 600 plus a free 65W charger.
Moreover, the tablet also comes with an optional keyboard cover that costs EUR 150 which you can get for EUR 50 if you are one of the first 250 buyers. A regular cover is also available for EUR 40.
Lastly, as an additional accessory, you can purchase the Smart Pen. The display of the tablet tracks the stylus at a 240Hz sampling rate and can discern 4,096 levels of pressure and is also battery powered.