The Mac Studio is powered by either an M1 Max chip or an M1 Ultra chip. It is built from a single aluminum extrusion with a square footprint of 7.7 inches and a height of 3.7 inches.
The M1 Max chip offers:
- Up to 2.5x faster CPU performance than the fastest 27-inch iMac with 10-core processor.
- Up to 50 percent faster CPU performance than Mac Pro with a 16-core Xeon processor.
- Up to 3.4x faster graphics performance than the 27-inch iMac, and over 3x faster than Mac Pro with its most popular graphics card.
- Up to 7.5x faster than the 27-inch iMac, and up to 3.7x faster than 16-core Mac Pro when transcoding video.
Meanwhile, the M1 Ultra enables:
- Up to 3.8x faster CPU performance than the fastest 27-inch iMac with 10-core processor.
- Up to 90 percent faster CPU performance than Mac Pro with 16-core Xeon processor.
- Up to 60 percent faster CPU performance than 28-core Mac Pro.
- Up to 4.5x faster graphics performance than the 27-inch iMac, and up to 80 percent faster than the fastest Mac graphics card available today.
- Up to 12x faster than the 27-inch iMac, and up to 5.6x faster than 28-core Mac Pro when transcoding video.
It features double-sided blowers, precisely placed airflow channels, and over 4,000 perforations on the back and bottom to help keep the chips cool.
As far as ports go, the Mac Studio features four Thunderbolt 4 ports, two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, and a pro audio jack. It also supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
On the front are two USB-C ports and an SD card slot. The two front USB-C ports on the M1 Max variant support 10Gb/s USB 3, while the ports on the M1 Ultra option support 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 4.
Moreover, the Mac Studio is able to support up to four Pro Display XDRs and a 4K TV.
The Studio Display, on the other hand, is a 27-inch 5K Retina monitor. The panel has over 14.7 million pixels, 600 nits of brightness, True Tone, and a P3 wide color.
It offers a tilt and height-adjustable stand, a VESA mount adapter, or the standard tilt stand options. Additionally, you can choose between an anti-reflective coating for low reflectivity or a nano-textured glass for minimal glare.
The monitor has an A13 Bionic chip and has a built-in 12MP ultra-wide camera with Center Stage. Moreover, it has a three-microphone array and a high-fidelity six-speaker sound system. It also supports Dolby Atmos.
For connectivity, it has three USB-C ports and a Thunderbolt port. The latter allows you to connect to a Mac notebook and charge with 96W of power.
Mac Studio and Studio Display price and availability
The Mac Studio powered by the M1 Max is priced at PHP 117,990, while the M1 Ultra variant is priced at PHP 237,990.
Meanwhile, the standard glass option of the Studio Display starts at PHP 94,990, while the Neno-texture glass model starts at PHP 112,990.