AMD has just launched new additions in the Radeon PRO W6000 series desktop and mobile workstation graphics lineup. The new additions are the Radeon PRO W6400, W6500M, and W6300M. These are designed for professional users like CAD designers, engineers, and office knowledge workers.
The Radeon PRO W6400 is built on the AMD RDNA 2 graphics architecture and advanced 6nm manufacturing process technology. It has 16MB of high-bandwidth, low-latency AMD Infinity Cache memory technology that acts as a bandwidth amplifier that is optimized for today’s CAD and office productivity applications.
Moreover, the Radeon PRO W6400 delivers three times higher performance for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 application during 3D orbit rotational tests in shaded modes. In McNeel Rhino that uses Holomark 2 benchmark with mesh, it can offer up to 87% higher performance on object and model data stress tests.
Additional cards in the series are the Radeon PRO W6500M and the W6300M for mobile workstations. these are also built on RDNA 2 architecture with a 6nm process that has 8BM of Inifinity Cache to help deliver high viewport framerates.
“Work patterns have changed dramatically over the last year, requiring professional users to work more efficiently and complete projects faster than ever. The Radeon PRO W6400 is a powerful graphics card that harnesses the award-winning AMD RDNA 2 architecture feature set, enabling not only mainstream CAD professionals to produce incredible and complex designs, but also meeting the demands of today’s office workers who need to edit images, create presentations, collaborate and multitask more than ever. In addition, the new AMD Radeon PRO W6000 Series mobile graphics provide the ideal combination of performance and mobility to drive a range of workloads for professionals on the go.”
Scott Herkelman, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD
Key high-performance and advanced features are:
- AMD RDNA 2 Architecture – graphics architecture that delivers up to 94% faster performance over previous generation GCN (Graphics Core Next) architecture.
- AMD Infinity Cache Memory Technology – up to 16MB of fast-level data cache (L3) that is integrated into the GPU that reduces latency and power consumption compared to previous designs.
- Advanced Features:
- Hardware-accelerated Ray Tracing
- Remote working capabilities
- 8K display support
- PCIe 3.0/4.0 high-speed data transfer
- VR creator support
- HDR support
- Quad-buffer stereo
- Viewport Boost – a dynamic resolution technology that is designed to improve frame rates by intelligently lowering resolution where fast in-view movement is detected. it significantly improves interactivity without sacrificing user-perceived image quality.
- Application certifications – AMD continues to work with professional application vendors like Autodesk, Robert McNeel & Associates among others to ensure AMD PRO GPUs are built and tested to meet the standards. To view the list of certified apps, click here.
|Model||Stream processors (Compute Units)||TFLOPS||GDDR6||AMD Infinity Cache (L3)||Memory Bandwidth||Memory Interface||Display Outputs|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6400||768 (12 CUs)||Up to 3.54 (FP32) Up to 7.07 (FP16)||4GB @ 16Gbps||16MB||128 GB/s||64-bit||2x DisplayPort™1.4 with DSC and audio support|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6500M||1024 (16 CUs)||Up to 5.30 (FP32) Up to 10.61 (FP16)||4GB @ 16Gbps||16MB||128 GB/s||64-bit||Dependent upon OEM configuration|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6300M||768 (12 CUs)||Up to 3.37 (FP32) Up to 6.75 (FP16)||2GB @ 16Gbps||8MB||64 GB/s||32-bit||Dependent upon OEM configuration|
The AMD Radeon PRO W6400 is expected to be available beginning Q1 2022 starting at USD 229. The PRO W6500M and W6300M are expected to come in pre-built OEM systems in select regions this year.