Borderlands 3 sold like pancakes during its first 5 days and 2K has been determined to provide players with support even months after launch. This coming December 20, the first add on for Borderlands 3 has been revealed and it features our favorite bartender in “Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot”!
Reveal trailer below:
During episode three of The Borderlands Show, regular hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella were joined by Gearbox Studio Head Randy Pitchford to delve into the details of this casino-raiding caper.
Moxxi is recruiting you to seize control of a derelict space station built by the infamous Handsome Jack back when he was still President of the Hyperion corporation. The Handsome Jackpot is quite possibly the gaudiest gambling spot in the galaxy, with neon signs, slot machines, and gold statues all over the place. It’s also crawling with multiple models of deadly Hyperion Loader Bots, as well as lunatic looters who’ve been trapped on board ever since Jack’s death.
The add on, which goes live on December 20, features:
- A glitzy new galaxy destination packed with unique zones worthy of Handsome Jack’s lavish lifestyle and dirty dealings;
- Join Moxxi’s crew of eccentric characters and pull off the ultimate casino heist in a series of thrilling campaign missions;
- Discover hidden secrets and strange happenings in The Handsome Jackpot via fresh side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Get a blast from Pandora’s past when you battle the Hyperion forces that outlived Handsome Jack, including never-before-seen enemies and larger-than-life bosses;
- Perfect your Vault Hunter’s gear loadout with all-new Legendary weapons and gear;
- Expand your collection of cosmetics with even more customization items, including Vault Hunter heads and skins, weapon trinkets, an ECHO Device skin, and new emotes.
Beware to all vault hunters that will try to embark in this, you’ll need to be at least level 13 and would need to have unlocked Sanctuary III. Higher leveled hunters need not worry since the activity will scale and provide appropriate rewards.
Moxxi’s Heist is one of the four planned DLC’s included in the season pack for Borderlands 3.
If you can’t wait for Moxxi’s Heist, there’s a free content update coming in the next patch (soon!) which features “Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and “Mayhem 4”, giving veteran Vault Hunters more ways to put their skills to the test.
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite is a brand new raid-style challenge tuned for coordinated co-op parties of four max-level characters, with restricted respawning to make your opposition that much deadlier. The all-new Mayhem 4 puts a spin Mayhem Mode by removing all player penalties and instead applying just two random modifiers: one that applies a bonus to players and one that applies a bonus to enemies. It also offers its own exclusive batch of Legendary gear that will only drop while Mayhem 4 is enabled.
Haven’t purchased Borderlands 3? Check out our review below.