One notable technology is the Replaceable Ink Pack System or RIPS, now a feature of some of these printers. It combines ease-of-use brought by a cartridge-based system, with the high-volume printing capability of an Ink Tank printer.
So how exactly can business printers with RIPS help organizations in improving their business operations?
- With RIPS, printing is faster and more convenient, since ink volume is much higher compared to traditional cartridges. If a regular printer can produce 8 to 10 pages per minute (ppm), an Inkjet Printer with RIPS can produce up to 100 pages per minute, and more than 75,000 pages before timing out.
- Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-C869R with RIPS can print up to 86,000 pages black and 84,000 in color without any interruption. Thanks to its PrecisionCore Technology, it doesn’t need any warm-up time, allowing for a first-page-out-time of less than six seconds, and default print speeds of up to 24ipm and draft speeds of up to 35 ppm for both black and color prints.
- Epson WorkForce Pro Business Inkjet Printers also operate like Laser Printers since the PrecisionCore technology allows the paper to move around a stationary or fixed printhead.
- RIPS printers utilize 11 printheads clustered together side by side, compare to regular InkJet Printers which only use a single printhead.
- With its flexibility features, Epson Business Inkjet Printers with RIPS can handle different paper sizes and types.
- Epson RIPS printers can be upgraded to include more paper cassettes.
- Each unit’s total input capacity can be scaled up to 1,835 sheets, depending on the needs of the business.
Cost-efficiency and minimized consumable wastes
- Ink refills are supplied in soft foil packs, which means businesses can recycle more efficiently and are spared from the
hassle of arranging the disposal of cartridges.
- Inkjet RIPS printers, such as the Epson WorkForce Pro Business Inkjet Printers, use no heating elements and consume less energy than laser printers, reducing running costs.
- A simpler mechanism with fewer periodic replacement parts mean that these printers require less effort to maintain and less downtime in business operations.
Now, businesses have the freedom to boost their operations by utilizing printers with game-changing inkjet technologies like RIPS, which make these machines even more efficient in cutting costs and mitigating environmental impacts.