PLDT Home Prepaid WiFi is a breeze to install. As a plug and play device for your home, the prepaid WiFi solution of PLDT Home may just be the right kind of gadget for families who are wanting to have a decent connection at home.
Unlike other PLDT Home products, this one’s a little special as it doesn’t ride PLDT’s DSL or fiber internet connection. Instead, the device uses Smart’s infrastructure to ride on its superior LTE connection. Recently, Smart LTE was certified by Ookla as the country’s fastest mobile network.
If you haven’t gotten your PLDT Home Prepaid WiFi, you can check out units available at PLDT Stores and retailers nationwide. Each product you get comes with free 10GB data for a one-time payment of PhP1,995.
For those who already got a device with them, here are 5 tips to make sure you get the best experience:
- Remove that red indicator by moving your device near the window. As this device uses, LTE, think of it like how your smartphone uses the mobile internet connection of Smart. Also, keep it away from household items and fixture that can cause interference like metal objects, appliances like microwave oven, LED lights and concrete walls and dividers.
- It’s best to use it indoors! The device is optimized for home or indoor usage. It uses LTE 700MHz band, a frequency that easily penetrates houses and buildings.
- Change the default password. Internet leechers are everywhere. We highly suggest that you change the default password of your home prepaid wifi as soon as you received it.
- Set a budget for top-ups. There will be weeks when you’ll need more data allocation. Be sure to set a monthly budget for possible top-ups that you may do within a month. Be sure to check our guide when you do your budgeting.
- Home Boost 15 add-on is your best friend! 1GB for 1 day for only PhP15 is your “pinakasulit” add-on. You can subscribe to any prepaid plan you want, and just in case you’d need more, it only takes PhP15 to add 1GB more data allocation. For better value of money, provided that you’re not consuming too much data, we recommend subscribing to Home Boost PhP599 that gives you 15GB for 30 days. Should you need more data allocation in the future, you can just simply subscribe to Home Boost 15 accordingly.
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.