We’ve seen how amazing and powerful the Galaxy S8 and S8+ last year. Now that their latest iterations are upon us, just how different are they compared to their previous versions? Jam Ancheta of JamOnline.ph and I discussed our thoughts about the new Galaxy smartphones. Check out the full video below.
If you’re up to quickly know the changes to the new Galaxy smartphones, check out our video below.
Now, let’s get this on quickly:
- The Galaxy S9 and S9+ look utterly similar to their respective previous iterations. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing as the previous design are impressive enough. So, why fix if it ain’t broken, right?
- It’s faster by 40%! The new Galaxy S9 and S9+ are powered by the latest Samsung Exynos 9810, which is – in term of multi-core performance – faster by 40% compared to Galaxy S8’s 8895 processor. With AI at the core of the new flagship of Samsung, the requirement for higher processor clock is very essential.
There is a slim chance that Samsung will officially bring the Snapdragon variant of S9 and S9+ in the Philippines, but whatever be the case, expect the new smartphone way faster!
- Camera performance is at the core of the new things about the new Galaxy S9 and S9+. The new Galaxy smartphones have camera features that can directly compete with the Apple iPhone X. What really stands out is the the dual camera setup of the Galaxy S9+. This feature isn’t present on the Galaxy S9, but at least it has other flagship camera features like dual aperture, which you can also tweak manually, the ultra adorable AR Emoji and Super Slo-mo up to 960fps.
- Along with the improvement of the core specifications of the Galaxy S9 and S9+, the new devices now have better AI implementations. These things work across the whole ecosystem of its Bixby-infused system. Samsung is slowly improving and including Live Translations, Place Suggestions and a few more AI implementations with machine learning features.
- They are hella more expensive compared to its previous predecessors. The base price of the Galaxy S9 is PhP45,990. Galaxy S8, last year, was only priced PhP39,990 last year. This makes the Galaxy S9 Php6,000 pricier than the Galaxy S8 introductory price. The Galaxy S9+, on the other hand, costs PhP52,990; that’s PhP7,000 pricier compared to the Galaxy S8+.