After so many rumors, leaks, and speculations, it’s finally here folks. Xiaomi has finally unveiled the Mi Mix 2, and it’s looking like a blockbuster hit.
The Mi Mix 2 features a 5.99-inch FullHD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. This translates to a smaller footprint than it’s predecessor, but with an improved screen to body ratio. The bottom bezel has also been reduced by 12%.
Of course, we can’t expect any less from what’s inside: A Snapdragon 835 along with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of built-in storage. Sadly, there’s no microSD card slot, but with that much storage? well, some will probably still need one.
Dual cams? strangely, no. The Mi Mix has a single 12MP rear camera, the same unit that you’ll find in the Xiaomi Mi 6. It also has 4-axis OIS and PDAF. This is complimented by a somewhat questionable 5MP camera at the front.
The Mi Mix 2 packs a 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, which is less than the first Mi Mix. It runs on MIUI 9 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specs:
- 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage
- 5.99-inch 18:9 Full HD+ display, 403ppi
- 12MP rear camera, Sony IMX386, PDAF, 4-axis OIS
- 5MP front camera
- USB Type-C interface
- Dual SIM, 4G/LTE
- MIUI 9 on top of Android Nougat
- 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Sensors: Fingeprint, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer
The standard Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 will only be available in black, while the ceramic unibody special edition will also be available in white. Pricing is as follows:
- 6GB + 64GB – around 420 Euros
- 6GB + 128GB – around 460 Euros
- 6GB + 256GB – around 510 Euros
- 8GB + 128GB (ceramic unibody special edition) – around 700 Euros
Emman has been writing technical and feature articles since 2010. Prior to this, he became one of the instructors at Asia Pacific College in 2008, and eventually landed a job as Business Analyst and Technical Writer at Integrated Open Source Solutions for almost 3 years.