Apple has just announced their newest iPad Pro models in WWDC. Available in 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch models, these new tablets feature the world’s most advanced display along with the company’s newest A10X Fusion chip touted to deliver incredible performance.
In terms of design, the borders on the new models have been reduced by 40%, allowing for a bigger display while still being relatively compact devices that only weigh a pound.
Key Features of the New iPad Pros:
- Redesigned Retina Displays are brighter and uses ProMotion Technology which allows for up to 120Hz refresh rates for fluid navigation, improved responsiveness, and smoother motion.
- Apple Pencil is now more responsive with a latency of 20ms for a more natural feel when writing or drawing.
- Reduced power consumption by automatically adjusting the refresh rate depending on the content.
- The new iPad Pros are powered by Apple’s A10X Fusion Chip, designed to tackle complex and demanding tasks such as editing photos, 4K video, rendering 3D images or playing games.
- The A10X chip delivers up to 30% improvement in CPU performance, and up to 40% better graphics performance when compared to the A9X chip, while still being able to deliver great battery life.
- The new iPad Pros feature the same advanced front and rear cameras from the iPhone 7, which includes a 12MP rear camera with OIS, and a 7MP FaceTime HD front camera.
- Four-speaker audio system which delivers powerful and crystal clear stereo sound regardless of orientation.
- Embedded Apple SIM and support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi and LTE-Advanced
- Touch ID is now more responsive and gives users a simple and straightforward way to secure the device.
- A new full size smart keyboard that doesn’t need charging or pairing via Bluetooth.
iOS 11 also brings a ton of new features on the new iPad Pros:
- A customizable dock which allows you to quickly access frequently used apps and documents. It can also be displayed from any screen.
- Better multi-tasking, which includes a refined task switcher which integrates spaces into iOS, making it easier to switch between apps or even pairs of active apps in Split View or Slide Over.
- A new app called Files which keeps everything organized and sorted out in one place, regardless of where they are stored (iCloud, or from other 3rd party providers such as Box and Dropbox).
- Multi-Touch Drag and Drop which lets you move text, images, images, and files from one app to another from just about anywhere on the screen.
- Notes now has a new document scanner which lets you remove shadows and use filters to improve readability.
- Better integration with Apple Pencil, with support for inline drawing for writing text in Mail and Notes, Instant Markup for signing documents, annotation of PDFs, or even drawing on screenshots.
- Notes can now be opened from the lockscreen with a single tap of the Apple Pencil on the display.
- You can now search through handwritten text or characters.
The 10.5-inch iPad Pro comes in silver, space gray, gold, and rose gold and has a starting price of $649 for the 64GB/Wi-Fi variant, and $779 for the 64GB/Wi-Fi + Cellular variant.
The 12.9-inch iPad Pro comes in silver, space gray, and gold, with prices starting at $799 for the 64GB/Wi-Fi variant and $929 for the 64GB/Wi-Fi + Cellular variant.