In a recent event in Beijing, Chinese Smartphone Manufacturer Xiaomi has just unveiled its most anticipated flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 6.
The Mi 6’s body is first and foremost, a splashproof phone made of stainless steel along with a four-sided 3D Glass. It has a 5.15-inch Full HD display with a Qualcomm Sense ID-capable fingerprint sensor mounted at the front.
Xiaomi didn’t skip on performance as they made sure to use Qualcomm’s most powerful mobile processor to date, the Snapdragon 835, along with 6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage, and a 3,350mAh battery.
The Mi 6 sports dual 12MP rear cameras: one has a wide-angle lens, and the other is a telephoto lens capable of 2x lossless optical zoom. And while the phone has front firing stereo speakers, Xiaomi has completely gotten rid of the headphone jack, which will probably disappoint a number of users.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in Blue and a limited edition Silver variant. The 64GB variant will be priced at around $360, the 128GB will be at around $420. Xiaomi will also release a Ceramic variant with 128GB of internal storage for around $435.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specs:
- 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor
- 6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage
- 5.15-inch IPS LCD Full HD Display
- Dual 12MP Rear Cameras (f1/8, OIS + f/2.6), PDAF
- 8MP Front Camera
- Dual SIM, LTE
- USB Type-C
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 3,350mAh Battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Colors: Ceramic Black, Black, White, Silver