ZTE is the newest company to join the dual cam party as it launched a new device in its recent event in China under the Nubia brand, the Nubia Z17.
The Z17 Mini sports a premium metal and glass construction with soft curves and the familiar branding at the back. It has a 5.2-inch Full HD display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection, resulting to a pixel density of 441 ppi.
The device packs either a Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 CPU with 4GB of RAM or a 653 with 6GB of RAM. Both variants have 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded using a MicroSD card, runs on Nubia UI 4.0 on top of Android Marshmallow, and are fitted with a 2950mAh battery (with Turbo Charging capability).
Photo: gizchinaThe bread and butter of these devices however is their 13MP Dual Camera setups which utilize Sony IMX258 sensors with f/2.2 aperture, along with Sapphire Glass protection, and OIS and EIS present for shooting moving subjects. The 16MP front camera sports an 80° wide-angle lens with f/2.0 aperture.
Other features include NFC, a USB Type-C interface, dual band WiFi, and DTS Audio.
The Nubia Z17 Mini will come in four colors: Champagne Gold, Black Gold, Red or Elegant Black, and will be priced at around $240 for the 4GB variant, and around $290 for the 6GB variant.
ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652/653 Quad-Core/Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage expandable via MicroSD Card
- 5.2-inch Full HD Display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass Protection
- Dual 13MP Rear Camera (RGB + Monochrome), 13MP, Sony IMX258 sensors, f/2.2
- 16MP Front-Facing Camera, 80° Wide Angle Lens, f/2.0
- 4G/LTE, Dual SIM
- USB Type-C
- DTS Audio
- Nubia UI 4.0 on top of Android Marshmallow
- 2950mAh battery