Indie game producers, Az9 studios, recently launched a new game which offers a fresh take on classic genres – Archers vs Aliens. The new mobile game, which is available for Android and iOS is primarily positioned as a puzzle game with tower defense elements.
The idea of the game originally came from Az9’s Fredrik Spangler. He thought of coming up with a game that doesn’t just entertain but also squeezes the brain. Soon after releasing Tropic Thunder on Play Store, Fred started working on his idea that eventually lead to the production of Archers vs Aliens (AvA).
Here are the features of the game:
- Various helpful items and tower upgrades are unlocked as you get deeper into the game.
- Gold coins are collected from killing enemies. These can be used for item purchases and tower upgrades.
- Levels are progressively difficult and more complicated.
- New challenges and features are continuously added/updated.
- Archers vs. Aliens leaderboard allows players to see how they stack up against others.
We quickly tried and recorded our gameplay of AvZ. Tell us know your thoughts about it:
I believe the game’s concept shows a lot of promise. Its tower defense side has a quite familiar vibe, but its being a puzzler stood out really well. If you’re looking for a game with eye-candy graphics, then you may want to step back and consider other options. However, if you’ve got plenty of storage space and you’re after puzzler games with escalating difficulty level, by all means, get this game.