Last Thursday, June 26, Samsung, officially launches Galaxy K Zoom. The K Zoom was originally intended to be Galaxy S5’s camera variant, but it was later changed by Samsung. The event was held at the posh 71 Gramercy, Makati.
Galaxy K Zoom blends advanced digital camera technology with Samsung’s industry-leading Galaxy experience. The device features effortless capturing ability, real optics, and a premium design, offering users the mobile solutions they need with the ability to create professional-quality visual content in a fun, easy-to-use device. If you take a look at the phone closely, you can see its resemblance to the Galaxy S5.
Samsung Digital Imaging Product Lead, Candy delos Santos, said that sharing photos has greatly become infused in our daily lives, but there are photography needs that consumers still cannot get from smartphones. “This is the very reason why we are introducing the Galaxy K Zoom – to meet the discerning demands of our consumers with their smartphone camera,” she added.
There are plenty of reasons why you should find this phone interesting especially if you’re looking for a camera-specialized smartphone.
- The device is equipped with new retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a remarkably slim and chic body.
- It also has 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor for ultra-clear, ultra detailed images.
- In low light conditions, Galaxy K Zoom’s OIS (optical image stabilization) helps reduce blur cause by movement.
- To assist you in providing more light to your subject, its Xenon flash can blast brighter light, which can easily topple other smartphones.
- If also has AF/AE Separation, which enables users to precisely and/or creatively balance light and clarity.
- If you wsh to do things quickly or set up your camera much faster and easy, its Pro Suggest mode offers live optimized filter settings.
- Its Selfie Alarm allows users to take timed selfies with ease.
Surely, these are just some of the many ways you can do with Galaxy K Zoom. I wish I can enumerate everything in just one sitting. Things to watch out for include Back-illuminated sensor (BSI), CMOS image sensor, Autofocus, AF Assist Beam, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Blink detection, Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets, Burst mode, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Macro mode, Night mode, Scenes, Effects, Self-timer!
But apart from all these, Galaxy K Zoom is still… well… a phone packed with good innards. It has a hexacore processor (6-core, 1700 MHz, ARM Cortex-A15 & ARM Cortex-A7), 2gb RAM and Mali-T624 GPU. If you’re into serious gaming or productivity experience, this device simply does not disappoint.
It also features an ergonomic grip and sleek, stylish lines that feel soft and comfortable in the hand. It also features LTE connectivity, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health Lite and Studio app.
Galaxy K Zoom is now available in all Samsung authorized dealers nationwide for PhP24,990 for the LTE variant. We did not receive word from Samsung if their are going to launch a non-LTE variant (SM-C111) in the Philippines.
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.