In line with Privacy Awareness Week starting May 23, Facebook encourages you to learn about the tools and resources to keep your account private, safe, and secure.
Through Facebook’s new game Your Profile, Your Home in English or Bahay Mo, Profile Mo in Filipino, you can build your own virtual home on Facebook. Additionally, you can learn how to personalize your account based on your preferences.
Among these settings include:
- Privacy settings – Find out how to decide what you see and share, and how you connect with your community.
- Did you know that each time you create a post on Facebook, you can decide who sees it by using the Audience Selector tool located just below your name?
- Advertiser preferences – Learn about how data is used to show you ads without advertisers learning who you are, the controls you have to help determine what ads you get, why you are seeing a particular ad and more.
- If you want to know why you are being shown a certain ad, click on the upper-right corner (3 dots) of the ad, and tap on the option “Why am I seeing this ad” to learn more.
- Security settings – We work hard to protect your information, and we offer several additional features to increase the security of your account. These include Two-factor authentication and login alerts for unrecognized login activity.
Through Your Profile, Your Home, you will have an easier way to find out just how safe and secure your profile is.
Your Facebook is driven by you. The friends you add, the Pages you like, the groups you join, and the things you interact with. They all shape what you see on Facebook on any given day.