MediaTek has just released the first chip in the new Genio Series – Genio 1200 AIoT chip alongside a new platform stack.
MediaTek Genio is a complete platform stack for AIoT devices that has an ultra-efficient chipset, open platform software development kits (SDKs), and a developer portal with detailed resources.
The Genio series of chips give you access to all the hardware, software, and resources that you need to go from concept to design and manufacturing. You can choose from a range of Genio chips to suit your needs, and then use MediaTek’s developer resources and the Yocto Linux open platform SDK to customize your designs.
“Today MediaTek powers the most popular AIoT devices on the market. As the industry enters the next era of innovation, MediaTek’s Genio platform delivers flexibility, scalability, and development support brands need to cater to the latest market demands. We look forward to seeing the new user experiences brands bring to life with the Genio 1200 and its powerful AI capability, support for 4K displays, and advanced imaging features.”
Jerry Yu, MediaTek Corporate Senior Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek’s Computing, Connectivity, and Metaverse Business Group
These are the following features of the MediaTek Genio AIoT platform:
- Open Platform AIoT SDK – allows you to customize multiple products with the same software pack, which supports Yocto Linux. By streamlining the writing and coding of each software application layer, you can develop their products with minimal support – regardless of the type of application.
- Developer Resources and Partner Ecosystem – gives you access to a wide range of developer tools, along with access to partners’ system hardware and software. Furthermore, brands can use the portal to take advantage of partners’ networks and sales channels. This range of development tools and partner support makes it easy for brands of all sizes to streamline the design of AIoT products and speed up time-to-market.
- High-Performance Chipsets – offer fast multicore performance with extreme power efficiency, optimizing the user experience for even the most compute-intensive AI applications. The CPU, GPU, and AI Processing Unit (APU) in each Genio chipset work together to enhance intelligent autonomous capabilities at the edge and support high-quality displays, cameras, and more. Additionally, each chipset offers support for the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols to deliver seamless connectivity.
The Genio series consists of premium, mid-tier, and entry-level system-on-chips (SoCs) and modules to cater to different markets and application needs which are the following:
- Genio 1200 for premium AIoT applications that need best-in-class performance, support for the latest multimedia standards and 4K displays, 4.8 TOPs AI accelerator, and exceptional power efficiency
- Genio 500 for retail and commercial IoT applications that require high-performance edge processing and advanced multimedia capabilities.
- Genio 350 for hubs in portable and home environments that require lighter vision and voice edge processing.
- Genio 130 for thin-OS and cloud-supported voice assistant devices that require audio and microphone-orientated platforms.
The Genio 1200 features an octa-core CPU, five-core graphics, dual-core AI processor, and advanced multimedia engines. This makes it ideal for advanced smart home appliances, industrial IoT apps, and other demanding AI-enhanced devices.
In addition, the Genio 1200 can receive and process ultra-high definition display and camera inputs from a plethora of computer vision (CV) applications.