AMD announces the release of the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 2022 and AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution 2.0 that offer you ways to elevate your gameplay with enhanced performance and responsiveness.
The AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) 2.0 will be available in Q2 2022. This includes the new AMD link app that enables you to turn your machine into your own gaming cloud. Moreover, this also comes with AMD Radeon Image Sharpening which ensures good image quality.
Furthermore, it uses temporal data and optimized anti-aliasing to improve framerates while simultaneously delivering better image quality, In addition, like its predecessor, the FSR 2.0 will work across many different models of AMD and competitor GPUs.
“Great hardware demands exceptional software. AMD’s latest Adrenalin Edition software arms gamers with reliability, day-0 support for new games as they launch, and regular performance enhancements, including up to a 15-percent gaming performance uplift compared to last year’s release. FSR 2.0 infuses new life into current-generation graphics cards, bolstering performance and delivering next-level immersive experiences. These technologies make games come alive, and we will continue to deliver powerful and innovative features and capabilities that push the boundaries of high-performance, immersive gaming.”
Frank Azor, AMD Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 2022
The new Adrenalin Edition 2022 is designed to deliver fast and responsive gaming paired with awesome visuals. This is combined with other AMD software features like AMD Freesync technology, AMD Radeon Anti-Lag, and AMD Radeon Boost.
Adrenaline Edition 2022 comes with the following capabilities:
- AMD Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) Technology – an in-driver spatial upscaling feature that is built on the same algorithm as AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution technology. This delivers near-native resolution and increased performance in games.
- Updated AMD Link – the feature now allows up to four users to connect to an AMD Radeon graphics-powered PC from an Android- or Windows-based PC, phone, tablet, or TV to play local multiplayer games.
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – it can bring crispiness and clarity to in-game visuals and also enhance visuals in video playbacks with a single click.
- Fast Downloads – save download time with small driver sizes when updating.
- Improved Toast Notifications – provides users with a clearer snapshot of which key features are enabled or disabled whenever they launch a game.
Next-Gen Upscaling Technology
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is the next evolution of AMD’s popular and widely adopted open-source, cross-platform original upscaling technology, which is already supported or coming soon in more than 80 games. This improves framerates in supported games along with similar or better native image quality and can be used on a wide selection of GPUs including AMD and select competitor solutions.
One of the first games to support FSR 2.0 is DEATHLOOP by Arkane Studios and Bethesda. A preview video of FSR 2.0 in DEATHLOOP is available here.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 2022 can be downloaded here. Meanwhile, the AMD FSR 2.0 is expected to be available in games this Q2 2022, and additional information will come during the 2022 Game Developers Conference (GDC) on March 23.