On day one of the OPPO INNO DAY 2021, the company showcased two interesting techs namely the OPPO Air Glass and the new NPU MariSilicon X.
Afterward, the company then showed a demo reel for its Retractable Camera prototype design that offers to fit a large 1/1.56-inch 50MP Sony IMX766 in an 8.26mm thick phone.
The OPPO’s self-developed Retractable Camera prototype key features and/or advantages are as follows:
- It provides an equivalent focal length of 52mm (2x optical zoom) when extended
- Allows for a large 1/1.55-inch Sony IMX766 sensor to be housed
- Supports optical image stabilization (OIS) and auto-focus
- Flush with the rest of the camera module when retracted
- Takes just 0.6 seconds to fully retract for drop protection
- Splash and dust resistant
Because this is a prototype, it’s hard to tell when we’ll see this new tech in a device.