ASUS has just announced the details about the local availability and pricing of its ROG Strix and TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics Cards, all powered by NVIDIA’s Ampere architecture, and taking graphics performance to a whole new level.
ROG Strix: Take Flight
ROG Strix GeForce RTX 30 Series offers a ton of improvements to deliver new innovation in thermal design and accommodate the impressive Ampere architecture.
- New shroud with metal accents plus three Axial-tech fans, one with 13 blades and two with 11 blades for better airflow.
- Larger heatsink and a heat spreader polished with MaxContact technology for improved thermal transfer
- Top-shelf capacitors, chokes, and power stages to effortlessly deliver hundreds of watts at a milliseconds’s notice. Dubbed as Super Alloy Power II, these components are also soldered to the PCB via the exclusive Auto-Extreme automated manufacturing process.
- FanConnect II headers to allow PWM fans to be tuned based on CPU and GPU thermals.
- Builders can simply flick an on-board BIOS switch to choose between “performance” and “quiet” profiles without having to use additional software.
- An on-board sensing circuit monitors for drops in rail voltage plus an LED indicator to signal power supply issues, making it easier to debug the source of crashes.
- Buffed up front side along with an addressable RGB element that can be controlled with the Armoury Crate software.
- Reinforced metal frame for an additional layer of durability.
- The backplate features a wide vent to allow hot air to escape towards chassis exhaust fans instead of being recycled back into the GPU cooler.
- A bracket provides consistent mounting pressures between the die and heat spreader.
- Stainless steel I/O bracket to protect ports and provide a more secure mount.
TUF Gaming: Built TUF
TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 30 series has been stripped down and built back up to deliver more robust power and cooling.
- A new all-metal shroud houses three powerful Axial-tech fans that utilize durable dual ball fan bearings.
- Optimized fan rotation for reduced turbulence and a stop mode brings all three fans to a halt at low temperatures.
- Independent heatsinks for the GPU and memory keep thermals under tight control.
- Top-shelf chokes, MOSFETS, and capacitors that meet military-grade certification.
- Auto-Extreme automated manufacturing process ensures components are placed and attached accurately.
- Subjected to a 144-hour validation trial to ensure flawless performance.
- Boast a protective metal backplate that prominently features a wide vent to allow hot air to escape towards the chassis exhaust instead of being recycled back to the GPU cooler.
- A bracket provides consistent mounting pressure between the die and heat spreader.
- Stainless Steel I/O bracket protects ports and provides a more secure mount.
- A Dual BIOS switch allows customization of the card’s default performance profile without using any software.
Availability and Pricing
TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 is now available in stores, while the TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 will be available on September 24, 2020 in the following resellers. Prices are as follows:
[table id=348 /]
List of resellers:
- ROG Lazada store
- ROG Shopee store
- ASUS Lazada store
- ROG Concept Store Gilmore
- ROG Concept Store SM Davao
- ROG Concept Store SM Megamall
- Easy PC
- Gaisano Interpace Cebu
- I love PC atbp.
- IT World
- JDM Techno Computer Center
- NVIDIA Lazada Store
- PC Hub
- PC Express
- Thinking Tools Inc.
- PC Workx
- Vivocom Technologies
Emman has been writing technical and feature articles since 2010. Prior to this, he became one of the instructors at Asia Pacific College in 2008, and eventually landed a job as Business Analyst and Technical Writer at Integrated Open Source Solutions for almost 3 years.