This isn’t something you see every day!
PLDT Inc.’s wireless subsidiary, Smart Communications, Inc just rolled out fast, free and reliable all-day Smart WiFi connectivity in hospitals and transport hubs in Metro Manila starting today. This is to make sure that everyone receives timely and easy access to information during COVID-19 community quarantine. This is one top of the current free access to all DOH and Philvols information sites for all Smart subscribers.
Here are the locations where free access via carrier-grade fiber-powered Smart WiFi are located in Metro Manila:
- Asian Hospital
- Philippine Orthopedic Center
- De Los Santos Medical Center
- Marikina Valley Medical Center, Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- Dr Jesus M Delgado Hospital
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital
- Chinese General Hospital
- Novaliches District Hospital
- Pasay General Hospital.
Apart from the listed hospitals, Smart WiFi are also available at the following transport hubs in Metro Manila:
- LRT1 and MRT3 stations
- Bus stations
- Araneta Bus Port
- Solid North Bus Terminal
- Alps Terminal
- German Espiritu Liner Bus Terminal in Quezon City
- Victory Liner and DLTB Terminals in Pasay City
- South Bus Station in Muntinlupa City
- Baliwag Bus Terminal in Caloocan City.
According to a statement by PLDT-Smart Public Affairs Head, Ramon R. Isberto, “Let us work together in dealing with this health crisis by keeping ourselves informed on how to best safeguard our health and that of our families and communities during the community quarantine, as well as helping share the correct information about what is happening.”
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.