Cherry Mobile just announced the new Cherry Mobile Flare series today, and their most powerful in the lot – Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Plus – packs impressive stack of features. Its features are just part of the interesting things about it, but its price makes it even more worthy of everyone’s attention.
One of the products that we can easily pit this against with is the Realme 3 Pro. Based on its price, Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Plus can be a worthy adversary to Realme 3 Pro with 4GB RAM. The latter has 6GB variant, but it’s more expensive by PhP2,000. Regardless, for the purpose of this quick specs comparison, we’re zeroing onto answer the question: if you have PhP13,000 right now, which phone has the better stack of features?
|Realme 3 Pro
|Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Plus
|Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710
|Helio P70 (Octa-Core)
|16MP + 5MP
|16MP + 5MP + 2MP
|16MP + 2MP
|Android 9 Pie
|Android 9 Pie
|Yes (rear mounted)
|Yes (side mounted)
Here are a few points that you might want to take a look at:
- Realme 3 Pro has slightly bigger display size, but both smartphones feature similar resolution.
- Both smartphones have almost similar degree of brightness. In terms of clarity, sharpness and saturation, Realme 3 Pro wins in this category.
- Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Plus has bigger internal storage than Realme 3 Pro. Props to Cherry Mobile for giving its latest flagship this much internal storage.
- Cherry Mobile also wins in the price point category at 6GB RAM vs Realme 3 Pro’s 4GB RAM. The only issue, which still needs further verification and tests is how the smartphone is able to manage resources.
- It’s too early to talk about Flare S8 Plus’ camera performance. Realme 3 Pro’s set of cameras is laudable in terms of performance, and it’s tough to beat. While Flare S8 Plus features impressive loadout of cameras, the challenge is on if it can beat Realme 3 Pro in this category. One thing that makes Flare S8 Plus extra interesting though – it has 2 front cameras, which mechanically retracts.
- Realme 3 Pro shines in terms of battery capacity. It has 4045 mAh capacity while Flare S8 Plus only has 3250.
- Cherry Mobile tops the competition in terms of SRP.
While Cherry Mobile Flare S8 has the competitive edge in most categories, the challenge for Cherry Mobile is to uplift its brand further to a respectable brand even for the midrange market. I can see that they have been doing so based on their new line-up of Flare devices, and we have faith that they can be a huge threat to its foreign competitors. For now, we are reserving our thoughts about which one’s better. We’ll find out in our full review.
Giancarlo Viterbo is a Filipino Technology Journalist, blogger and Editor of gadgetpilipinas.net, He is also a Geek, Dad and a Husband. He knows a lot about washing the dishes, doing some errands and following instructions from his boss on his day job. Follow him on twitter: @gianviterbo and @gadgetpilipinas.