The X-T30 hosts a number of new features, making it an ideal companion not only for all users, beginner to advanced. It utilizes a 4th generation image sensor and processor which also includes 26.1 MP resolution and fast high-performance AF. Moreover, phase detection pixels are now across the entire frame.
Other advanced features include a Focus lever for easily shifting a focus point, a responsive touch-screen, and a body design that offers better stability, and ensures a comfortable experience even when using large lenses.
It uses AF algorithms that have undergone improvements to deliver advanced AF-tracking performance. This includes better accuracy in face and eye detection, and a new Face Select feature which allows the user to precisely select which face will be tracked.
For videos, the X-T30 offers improved exposure stability during face/eye AF, while face recognition in the AF-C (continuous AF) mode adds ease of use. Video performance has also been enhanced with high-resolution audio recording as well as smooth and stable 4K/30P video recording.
Here are Some of the X-T30’s Main Features
- Weighs just 383g, and is designed for comfort with advanced handling
- A Focus Lever has replaced the Selector Buttons, allowing for extra grip space at the rear for added comfort
- The rear LCD monitor is now 1.3mm thinner, and offers improved responsiveness
- Uses the 4th generation image sensor, X Trans CMOS 4, and image processing engine, X processor 4, to deliver still photographic performance that’s equivalent to that of the X-T3.
- 26.1MP resolution, one of the highest among APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Lowest native sensitivity of ISO 160 is now available when shooting RAW
- ETERNA mode, FUJIFILM’s exclusive film simulation is now available
- Phase Detection pixels have been increased to 2.16 million. On-sensor phase detection AF area now covers the entire frame, which allows for quick and accurate focusing on a subject anywhere in the frame
- Low light limit for PDAF has been expanded from +0.5EV to -3EV, making it possible to auto-focus even in very poor lighting
- Advanced SR Auto Mode performance has been improved. It can intelligently choose the optimum settings for a given scene from 58 presets.
- More advanced 4K/30p video functionality, which includes recording high resolution audio, as well as eye-tracking
- The X-T30 records at 6K to produce stunning quality in 4K
- Supports DCI format (17:9), for a more cinematic look to your videos
- 4K/30p video can be recorded at 4:2:0 8bit to an SD Card and F-log recording and 4:2:2 10 bit via the HDMI port capabilities mean that it’s capable of recording video that’s fit for more advanced videographers
As a result of these developments, the X-T30 appeals to a broader audience, delivering premium quality photos with ease, whether you’re a beginner or an advanced user.
Emman has been writing technical and feature articles since 2010. Prior to this, he became one of the instructors at Asia Pacific College in 2008, and eventually landed a job as Business Analyst and Technical Writer at Integrated Open Source Solutions for almost 3 years.