Honor, Huawei’s sub-brand has recently announced two new budget devices: The Honor V9 Play which starts at $153 for the 3GB variant, and the $91 Honor 6 Play.
Huawei Honor V9 Play Specs:
- 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6750 Octa-Core Processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage expandable via microSD card
- 5.2-inch HD Display
- 13MP Rear Camera, f/2.2, PDAF
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- EMUI 5.1 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3000mAh Battery
Huawei Honor 6 Play Specs:
- 1.4GHz MediaTek MT6737T Quad-Core Processor
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card
- 5-inch HD Display
- 8MP Rear Camera, f/2.0
- 5MP Front Camera, f/2.4
- EMUI 4.1 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 3020mAh battery
There’s no information whether any of these devices will reach other markets, but we’re hoping that they do.
Emman has been writing technical and feature articles since 2010. Prior to this, he became one of the instructors at Asia Pacific College in 2008, and eventually landed a job as Business Analyst and Technical Writer at Integrated Open Source Solutions for almost 3 years.