Newcomer Xiaomi Chinese smartphone manufacturer is geared once again to disrupt the Philippine market with the introduction of Redmi 1S, the company’s second flagship model in the country.
The company announced in a recent launching event in Makati City that Redmi 1S will go on sale via online gadgets distributor Lazada.com.ph starting September 4 at a stagerring ₱5,599 tag price, a way too low for a feature-packed 4.7-inch (IPS display) mid-range smartphone in its class.
Xiaomi also announced its expanded product offerings for the Philippines including the Mi 3, Mi Power Bank, and a host of Mi accessories.
“The Redmi 1S is a high-performance smartphone that is also extremely affordable. It features a quadcore Qualcomm 1.6GHz processor and a 4.7-inch IPS display — a perfect device for all mobile Internet, communications, and gaming needs,” the company statement said.
This Qualcomm 1.6GHz quadcore processor powered dualSIM smartphone featured with Xiaomi’s dualstandby capability. This feature allows users to send and receive text messages and also incoming calls on two mobile numbers. This is “ideal for people who have personal and work SIMs or who travel internationally often,” the company statement said.
nterested buyers can purchase Redmi 1S via Visa/Mastercard credit card, MegaLink and Paypal, or cash on delivery at Lazada.com.ph. A link to Lazada.com.ph will also be avaialble at Mi.com, Xiaomi’s official web site.
Former Google executive Hugo Barra, currently Xiaomi’s international vice president announced that the company wiill offer after sales service and support in seven service centers nationwide and 53 drop-off locations built for those situated far from a service center.
Barra also said there will be a dedicated service center opening in mid-September at One Kennedy Place, Greenhills, which will offer two-hour repairs. A customer support hotline will also be available 9am-6pm daily, 7 days a week.
Xiaomi in the Philippines is on Facebook at fb.com/xiaomiphilippines.
Redmi 1S specifications:
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 (HD) IPS display delivers superfine text and crisp photos.
- AGC Dragontrail™ scratch-resistant glass
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Cortex-A7 core for amazing performance with great battery life with and an Antutu benchmark score above 21,000
- 1 GB RAM, 8GB internal flash memory with external microSD slot that supports up to 64 GB
- Dual SIM (Mini sized) – WCDMA slot for 3G data and GSM slot for 2G
- 8MP rear camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture for 1080p video recording and a front 1.6MP camera