Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has just signed Executive Order (EO) No. 162 that orders the national ID or the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) to be considered as sufficient proof of identity and age. This includes government and private transactions.
The PhilSys, under the new EO, shall be the government’s central identification platform for citizens and resident aliens of the country.
The National ID shall serve as the official government-issued identification document and official proof of identity of cardholders in dealing with government and private transactions.
Additionally, it may be presented in lieu of a birth certificate for transactions that require you to establish age like:
- applications for marriage license
- applications for student driver’s permit or conductor’s license at Land Transportation Office
- enrollment of students in public and private schools
- registration for Phiilppine Educational Placement Test
- applications with the Professional regulation Commission
- applications relative to voter’s registration with the Commission on Elections
Lastly, all covered agencies under the Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018, are directed to amend their charter to integrate the PhilSys Components.
Read the full EO on the National ID here.
For more on the PhilSys, click here.