You finally got your iPhone 4 (you rich b$#@ard), and you’re itching to jailbreak and unlock it? Don’t fret, because the easiest way to Jailbreak your iDevice has arrived. Yes, it doesn’t care if you own an iPhone (2G to 4), iPod Touch (1G to 3G) and iPad! Introducing, Jailbreakme – a browser based jailbreak for all iDevices including iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1.
There are some easy requirements though before you can jailbreak your iDevice:
- Jailbreakme requires your device to be activated or hacktivated. Activate it by purchasing Globe micro SIM card. Globe is an official iPhone carrier so their SIM should work on the iPhone 4.
- Jailbreakme requires your device on 3G service or WiFi connectivity
So here’s what you do:
JailbreakMe << click this if you’re reading this on your “jailed” iPhone 4.
SIM unlocking the iPhone 4 isn’t available yet, but once it’s available, unlocking will be very easy. Simply install ultrasn0w through Cydia like you did on older iPhone models and your iPhone 3G S and/or iPhone 4 should be unlocked.
*Update: The iPhone DevTeam finally released their new version of ultrasnow which can finally let you insert your Smart and Sun Cellular sim cards to your iPhone 3G/3Gs and iPhone 4. Check out this post.
Fix Purple Screen and Jailbreakme errors:
- Browse to jailbreakme.modmyi.com instead of jailbreakme.com
- Clear your Mobile Safari cache, go to Setting >> Safari and hit the clear history, clear cookies and clear cache button. Now try again to jailbreak.
- A simple reboot and then reinstalling jailbreak is good enough to overcome these random problems